We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. These past few months have been filled with challenges and many changes for local businesses and offices. We are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We have begun seeing more patients and will continue to increase our schedule as time goes on to ensure patients receive the care they need in a safe environment.
To minimize risk, we have implemented a number of changes to the way we do business and have added additional guidelines to our infection control process to ensure patients and staff are safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
· When you scheduled your appointment, you will be asked some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
· A member of our nursing staff will greet you at the door to check your temperature and will provide you with hand sanitizer before you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
· Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, samples or candy since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment, but again, this schedule will increase over time.
· For the time being, we will not be traveling to the outreach clinics, but continue to see patients in the Kirksville office and have telehealth appointments available daily.
· We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
· We look forward to seeing you again and welcome any questions you may have. Please call 660-627-7546 with any questions you may have regarding our policies or to schedule your next appointment.